1) Studies suggest that 45g of chocolate per week decreases the risk of stroke.
2) Dark chocolate protects from blood inflammation.
3) Flavonoids found in dark chocolate protect skin from sun’s UV rays.
4) Chocolate helps relieve anxiety as it releases endorphins which have calming effect.
5) Research suggests that consuming cocoa flavanol containing dark chocolate lowers cholesterol and improves blood pressure.
6) Dark chocolates are believed to be beneficial in treating brain injuries because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
7) Dark chocolate is packed with minerals such as potassium, zinc, selenium and iron which are very beneficial.
8) Chocolates are found to reduce stress in expecting mothers.
9) Dark chocolates are rich in powerful antioxidants.
10) Chocolate can also help to prevent cough.