1) Chocolate in Mayan times was considered to be of more value than gold dust and hence was used as currency.
2) The famous shower scene from the movie Psycho featuring Alfred Hitchcock used chocolate syrup as blood.
3) Nazis had once plotted to assassinate Winston Churchill with an exploding bar of chocolate.
4) Studies show that chocolate induces more intense and long lasting pleasure than kissing.
5) Ruth Wakefield, the inventor of chocolate chip cookie sold her cookie recipe to Nestle in exchange for a lifetime supply of chocolates.
6) Joseph Fry was the first person to invent a chocolate bar in the year 1847.
7) Looking for the most effective post workout recovery drink? Have chocolate milk.
8) White chocolate is technically not a real chocolate.
9) In traditional times, chocolates were believed to have medicinal, magical and mythical properties.
10) Cacao trees in Latin are known as ‘Food of Gods’.
11) Studies reveal that eating dark chocolate boosts memory, attention span, reaction time and problem solving skills by increasing blood flow to the brain.
12) Most number of chocolates are eaten in Switzerland with 22 pounds eater per person every year.
13) Hershey’s is the largest and the oldest chocolate company in America.
14) The first machine made chocolates were produced in Barcelona, Spain.
15) One chocolate chip can give a person enough energy to walk 150 feet.
16) In World War II, chocolate was included in soldier rations but were designed to taste just a little better than a boiled potato so that soldiers wont eat it too quickly.
17) Depressed people tend to eat more chocolates than the ones who are not depressed.
18) Every Russian and American space voyage has included Chocolate bars.
19) People feel better about their problems after having chocolates because chocolates induce theta brain waves which induce relaxation.
20) Eating a piece of dark chocolate everyday can reduce your risk of developing a heat disease.